Sunday, April 26, 2009

¡Se Habla Espanol!

¿Donde mi burrito at? ¿and side chalupas'.? lol.. I, actually Happy ran into some books and saw this (picture on the right) and had me buy it. I just glanced over it tonight and it's kinda funny that I'm imitating mexican/spanish accent while I read the book.

It's a bit hard if you don't know how to understand other peoples language. Sometimes it annoys you that maybe you are the topic of what they are talking about, or just being paranoid there at the moment. We, or some of Filipino's know most of the words from spanish,

" Spanish was an official language of the Philippines since colonization by Miguel Lopez de Legazpi in the 16th century until the change of Constitution in 1973. The First Philippine Republic of 1899 chose Spanish as its official language, but during the US occupation and administration of the islands English was imposed and Spanish became gradually marginalized."

For it has been one of our official language then. Moving on, now that I am here in US, but still thanking that I even get to know English, which is the world's common spoken language. Eventhough I don't really listen or good when it comes to English subject, I still made my way in order to "understand" what it is all about.

Many Mexicans or should I say Hispanic race are here in US, it annoys a bit that they are residing here but most of them doesn't know how to speak one. I'll leave the reason to them. That's why Happy asked me to get this book. So I just glanced/scanned through it or w/e. Most of the jobs here are bilingual related as preffered but not necessary. So in order for me to get a good job, or at least high chances of getting hired, I need to learn how to speak one. Hopefully I learn much and improve my pinoy-spanish-common-language. heh..

¡Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment